At International Business Mentors we select our business coaching mentors from a diverse range of business background and across a variety of industries. This helps us cater to the unique requirements of a wide range of mentees.
Our highly qualified and experienced mentors typically possess:
- Experience managing and running businesses
- Well educated
- Extensive practical and commercial experience
- Broad business leadership experience
- Impressive drive and commitment to succeed
- Excellent people skills, including listening skills and genuine empathy
- Significant leadership experience and exposure
- Impressive drive
- A commitment to providing the highest standards in business coaching
These qualities ensure they can assist business owners, directors, family business members, CEOs and other senior executives to reach their full potential.
How We Select Our Mentors
To make certain we are offering the very highest standards in business coaching, we choose our mentors based on strict selection criteria –from a business and personal perspective.
We only select qualified and experienced mentors who have:
- Run their own business, been a CEO or company director, family business member, or held another senior executive position with considerable responsibility
- Formal qualifications and/or considerable experience across a wide range of business areas
- Exceptional people skills with an ability to empathise
- A willingness to share their skills, experiences, successes and failures with their mentees
- A genuine commitment to helping their mentees succeed through quality business coaching
- An ability to both give and receive honest feedback where necessary
- Demonstrated the highest ethical standards, both professionally and personally
- Excellent listening, analytical and strategic development skills
How We Match Our Mentors
Of course, it doesn’t matter how good a business coaching program is if it’s not the right one for you. That’s why we go to great lengths to match executives with qualified and experienced mentors that match their individual needs. This seven-point program involves:
- Crystallising your profile – We meet with you to discuss your business background, needs and goals so we can assign the most compatible mentor.
- Discussing agreements and confidentiality – We go through likely fees, and confidentiality agreements.
- Matching you to your mentor – We match you to one of our qualified and experienced mentors according to your profile, personality, and a range of other factors. If you approve your match, we will then introduce you to each other.
- Starting the business coaching relationship – You and your mentor have an informal meeting so you can decide whether to proceed.
- Bedding down the relationship – If it’s the right fit, we will complete the agreements.
- Ongoing meetings – You commence your mentorship meetings
- Ongoing support – Meetings are backed by ongoing support. This includes our regular reviews of the relationship and regular contact with you to ensure you are happy with the program.
Interested in Joining Our Ranks?
If you’re interested in joining our worldwide network of qualified and experienced mentors – or in benefiting from their business coaching expertise yourself – please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help with your individual enquiries. You can also check to see if your questions are addressed in the FAQ section of our website.